Wednesday, January 19, 2011
BitterGourd & Wolf berry Seed Enzyme Vinegar
BitterGourd And Wolf berry Seed Enzyme Vinegar
recipe credit to : ASIAN FOOD & RECIPES
Bitter gourd is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It is good for diabetes and lowering of blood sugar in the body. It is also good for treating blood disorders like boils and skin problems.Bitter gourd also helps to improve energy and stamina. It can also improve eye sight.
Wolf berry seeds are also good for the eyesight. It improves ones energy when taken regularly. It is good for treating fatigue, weakness, anaemia and premature greying of hair.
Concentrated Brown Rice Vinegar is rich in vitamins A, D, E and K. It is very helpful in improving many skin conditions such as black spots, eczema and acne.
It is used for chronic fatigue, headache, high blood pressure, dizziness, sore throat, obesity, and a host of other ailments.
300 g bitter gourd
50 g wolf berry seeds
250 ml honey
500 ml brown rice vinegar
150 ml oligo sugar
1. Wash and dry bitter gourd. When dry, slice bitter gourd thinly.
2. Divide bitter gourd and wolf berry seeds into 3 portions. Arrange bitter gourd with wolf berry seeds alternately in a glass bottle.
3.In between each portion, pour some honey and oligo sugar.
4.When all the portions have been arranged, pour the brown rice vinegar.
5. Cover the bottle with a piece of cling wrap. Put the bottle lid on top.
6. Put in a cool dry place and shake the bottle everyday. Lift the cling wrap a little to let off the carbon dioxide gas during fermentation.
7. Leave the enzyme for at least 2 weeks. If you want the enzyme to be better leave it to ferment for another 2-3 months. Once it is ready, strain the enzyme and put in a bottle. Store in the refrigerator.
8. To serve, take 2 tbsp of the enzyme to a cup of water.
Note: The enzyme is best taken with cold water. Use brown rice vinegar for added health value.